The RequirementsInternally we call this job "Engineering Technician." To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A high school degree; a 2-year technical degree is a plus.
- Solid experience as an electrician in industrial and / or manufacturing settings; experience in the construction of these facilities can be helpful.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution systems and equipment; familiarity with multiple systems is preferred.
- The ability to achieve goals independently.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to represent Herzig Engineering effectively in interactions with customers.
- A master or journeyman electrician license is preferred but not required.
The RoleAs Engineering Technician you will visit client sites around the country to collect electrical distribution information. The information is used to assess the safety of the systems, especially arc flash hazards.
You'll need to be willing and able to travel nationally just about every week. Typically you will fly out on Monday and be back Friday to spend the weekend at home. You'll have a company credit card to food and other expenses. The travel perks cover:
- For every 9 days you travel overnight, you will earn 1 additional day of paid time off (PTO). When combined with our standard PTO benefit, most Engineering Technicians enjoy 4 to 6 weeks of PTO each year.
- As you use our favored airline partner you will earn points toward companion passes that can be used for free flights. Some Technicians use them to bring their spouse along on certain trips.
More Good ReasonsUse your knowledge in an important role
While you may get hands on once in a while, for the most part you'll put your expertise to work. You'll help us provide services that help customers promote safety and stay in compliance.
You'll grow your skills and knowledge in working with different systems and as you interact with talented Herzig teammates. We believe that round pegs don’t fit in square holes. As an employee, we'll look for the area that excites you as a worker. Happy employees lead to better quality work! We offer career advancement for strong candidates.
We are a smaller, family-owned company, and the family feeling extends to the whole team. We offer an upbeat and professional work environment that encourages problem solving and productivity.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonuses, we offer group health insurance, a 401(k) plan, the PTO described under The Role, and more. We also have fresh fruit delivered weekly to our office.
Keys to SuccessOur team is always looking for professionals with positive attitudes and “go-getter” dispositions. To be an outstanding Engineering Technician, you will:
- Maintain strong safety awareness at all times.
- Bring the self-motivation and self-discipline to work autonomously, but also work effectively as a team player.
- Be resourceful in solving issues; help is a phone call away, but you should take pride in trying to resolve the issue yourself first.
- Demonstrate a service orientation as you interact with customers, helping maintain our ongoing relationships with them.
- Pay close attention to details – in many ways this is the gist of the job.